Certain systems are equipped with a vision chip that allows running Glance features in low power mode. If your system has such chip, it may from time to time require a firmware update because a newer version is available or if the chip became corrupted.
Requirements and Preparation
- This process may only be required for systems equipped with a vision chip. You can determine if your system has a supported vision chip if Lattice AI Device can be found under System devices in the Windows Device Manager.
- The process requires the latest version of Glance. If Glance was removed from your system, you can recover it following instructions here.
- The update process may take up to 5 minutes. It is recommend to connect your system to a power supply and make sure it has sufficient battery.
- Please be mindful that during the process, you will not be able to use your camera nor any of the Glance features.
- Once initiated, it is very important to not interrupt the process. Doing otherwise may, in very rare cases, make your camera unusable and require servicing.
Lattice AI Device under System devices indicates that the system is equipped with a supported vision chip
If an update is required, Glance will display a window like the one below shortly after launch. Clicking on the Perform the update now button will initiate the update process. If you click on the Ask again later button, you will be proposed to perform the update the next time you launch Glance.
Firmware update available window
The following window is then displayed until the update process is complete. It is important to not interrupt this process as it may, in very rare cases, make your camera unusable and require servicing.
Update in progress window
Once complete, a reboot is required in order to complete the process.
Update process complete
What to do if the update is not successful
If the process was not completed successfully, you may simply restart the process. Glance will detect that the vision chip is not in a usable state and will propose to fix the issue again.
If the issue persists and the camera is unusable, and it cannot be recovered by trying again, you must contact Lenovo support. Region specific support details are available in the Settings App in the About section. The website https://support.lenovo.com also provides information about how to contact Lenovo.