A security vulnerability was discovered with Glance versions prior to 188.8.131.52207 (released on 2018-08-30) that could allow a local attacker to elevate privileges.
To address the issue, users must simply update to the most recent version available via the Microsoft Store by following the steps below.
Step 1: Uninstall Glance
- Go to the Windows menu and search for "Add or remove programs".
- Open this program and find Glance by Mirametrix® in the list of installed programs.
- Select uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.
Step 2: Install the latest version of Glance
- Go to the Glance page in the Microsoft App Store by clicking this link (the link will open the Microsoft Store Application directly).
- Select "Get" and follow on screen instructions.
CVE-2022-24696: Mirametrix thanks Oddvar Moe (@Oddvarmoe) of Trustedsec for reporting this issue.